March 12, 2010

Music & Review: Telephone



I am disappointed. I don't usually get excited over music videos, but for songs I especially like I do anticipate a good video representation of the song. As much as I don't like Lady Gaga per say, I do respect her, her music and her art, but this video was ridiculous. TOO long - didn't get to the song at all, and just featured product placement over product placement. Movieque music video? Sorry. Already done. Abusive "hard" boyf? Mhm. Seen that. Poison? Come on! Paparazzi?! I have to say the best part of this video was Jai Rodriguez's bit as the news reporter. LOVE him and totally miss Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but even that wasn't enough to salvage this overly done vid. I thought Miss Gaga was all about making her music and doing it her own way with her own style. And although she she is bringing the ever-so-bold-in-yo-face Gaga style, it's getting old. I am no longer "wow'ed" by her craziness and just think of it as a lousy overplayed shtick. NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment