I think I have a good idea how my family views me.
One of my aunts called me the other day and asked me what my shoe size was. I told her it was a 5-6 depending on the shoe. I thought it was a bit funny because ... well I don't get phone calls from my aunts often, so being asked about my shoe size was a bit random. I guess my aunt was going to buy me shoes? I'd happily comply :) After seeing her today at the Chapel after service, she told me she found shoes on sale that were super high, so nice and perfect for me. "Four inches!", she said. I laughed. The idea that my aunt thought four inches as high (my highest is 5-6 inches) and thought of me in relation to high heels was amusing - and a bit flattering. She also said she was giving them to me for New Years so I'd have to wait.
I know I'm an odd one. I've always been the different family member and I used to think it was a bad thing. Being different means people can't relate and a lot of the time my family didn't know who I really was. I admit growing up being "unlike my pretty cousins" was hard, but I think after embracing who I am and my differences compared to the rest of my family, I can honestly say I like who I am and I think my family does too.
On a side note, I deactivated my account on Facebook. The idea before I did the deed was a bit hard. I'm an addict and I know it. But after doing it, I realized Facebook really isn't all it's cracked up to be and far less addictive as I thought. I did reactivate my account and before you jump to conclusions, I did it not by choice. In as much as I was doing really good staying away from the social networking site, I realized Facebook is still the best way to keep in touch and contact people. Once the business I need to attend to is over, I'm probably going to deactivate again or significantly decrease my usage. I don't really see the point of it anymore. It's refreshing!
November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment