May 29, 2010

Art: When Five Fell



This is a short film by Wesley Chan most notable as one of the three founders of Wong Fu Productions. If you are Asian and watch Youtube or go on the internet, you've probably heard of them and their video phenomenon. If not, you should. To be brief, they are a group of three known for their creative (and often comedic) productions of music videos, short films, web series etc.

The description of the video and director's notes can be found on the WongFu website. Give it a read before watching the video or watch and try to make sense of it before reading what it's about. I've always thought WongFu videos were amazing, but this was a lot different for me. I really felt something watching this. I can't describe it better than ... beautiful heartbreak. Maybe that was what Wesley was trying to convey, but this was really great. Everything. The concept, the music the camera angles. Everything. This will definitely go into my file of favorite videos. So check it out and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment