January 14, 2010
Rant: Originality
Oh no. I may be using the word very loosely. The term originality. What is being original? If someone acts the same as another (in persona, in image etc.) does that make a person unoriginal? Or does that make someone in coordinance with that specific "scene". Hmm.. lemme try to explain a little better and maybe a little simpler. So I was reading a blog of a well-regarded writer for a popular (and sassy) brand blog (let's call them Blogger A) and I couldn't help but notice some similarities to another blog I know of from a not as popular blogger (Blogger B). They were very similar in the way they wrote their entries. Similar language, similar witty style, similar content. Even the way their blogs looked had some similarities. So where does originality come in? Now I highly doubt that Blogger A is even aware of Blogger B at all so does that mean that Blogger B is unoriginal? Or does that mean that Blogger B is using Blogger A as an inspiration because they, as I mentioned earlier, are in coordinance with that "scene". But even with that.. does inspiration of influence to be similar make someone unoriginal? Or is it just a coincidence? Hmm.. I guess there is a fine line between originality and unoriginality. I mean no one wants to be considered unoriginal. But the way I see it, if someone (even if they "claim" it's unintentional) takes on a similar persona of another that is rather well-known, the result is a bit of a joke. Meh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this comment has nothing to do with your post. just letting you know to read my response to your comment on my blog =P
ReplyDelete