December 31, 2009

08 < 09



Oh goodness. I guess it's that time for recap. End of the year recap of all the good and bad things that happened this year. The events that mattered. Hmm.. where should I begin? How should I even start? I don't want to make this a sappy entry. I don't want it to be all heartfelt and corny, but I guess when it comes to things like this, sometimes you can't help but be corny.


"I’ve learned that you can keep going long after you think you can’t.
- O.B.W

Yup. I don't know how else to sum it up better. I'm not going to reiterate what happened and I'm not going to compare my struggles with anyone else because everyone is different and have different endurance capacities, but I think this year I learned mine. God tests his children because he loves us. I truly know that what happened was for the best. With patience, love and most of all forgiveness. With God's guidance I always and, with faith, will always come out of things alive and happier than ever.

I learned how much I can really take before breaking. I also learned that even after breaking there is still the strength to get back up. That sometimes somethings just can't be fully healed or pieced together completely. As time passes things do get better, but sometimes that means doing it alone. I thank those who were there for me. Honestly no words can express my gratitude for all the things you did for and with me. I thank those who, like me, endured me and helped me realize it's not always a bad thing turning to people when I'm in need. I don't need to be afraid. Even if considering it is scary.

"No expectations. No assumptions." - probably the best advice I've ever received.
"2009 and the four F's!" - yeeee~
"Blue is... everywhere" - the letter says it all.

This year was good, no great, for many reasons. Bottom line. I'm bigger, badder and better than ever. Well.. maybe. There are a lot of things I've yet to learn and I can't wait for 2010. If 2010 is just as great as 2009 I know I will definitely be okay. When I look back and examine I know what and who I've left behind. The past is the past. My future is right in front of me and the most important thing right now, I know who I'm taking with me in this new year. I know my friends, my family and myself. I couldn't have done it, got through without you all. So, here's to 2009 and 2010. Whatever it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment