June 18, 2010

Food: Snacks...from all over

What I find most soothing is repetitious work. I always though I'd be perfect for an office-like job because I don't mind the constant stapling, photocopying, data entry type work. I find it very soothing because it allows me to let my mind wander and I can get into my zone.

On the contrary, I also like the kind of work that involves various steps, but occupies my mind nonetheless. This is where my love for baking and cooking comes in. I find that along with doing the work (measuring, mixing etc.) it's a real stress reliever. When things were hectic in my life, I'd bake late at night to take my mind of things. Baking has always been something that helps my nerves.



So onto the reason for this post! Since it's summer and I have one class, I found time to make some of my favorite snacks. I made myself some Onigiri - riceballs with salmon mayo filling AND today I made some scones while cleaning the house. Both turned out very well and I'm quite pleased with the way they all turned out this time. My scones are usually flat because I flatten the dough too much and my Onigiri is never perfectly covered. I guess this means I'm getting a lot better at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment