January 17, 2010

Food: salad and aloe



I LOVE salad. I don't care what anyone says about salads and skinny girls. I eat burgies as much as the next person, but would I opt for a good salad? Heck yes. I LOVE salad. Not only are they a healthier choice, a well made salad can be super delish and very very filling. And maybe I'm weird but they're pretty fun to make. So many combinations to choose from and I love making my own salad dressing. I suggest you give it a try and see what you come up with (and tell me about it so I can try it hehe..) Tonight I didn't make anything myself (all pre-made ingredients just mixed together) but my tuna spring green salad with sun dried tomato dressing was satisfying enough. Yum. I've already made two bowls.. I think I might go for a third. Told'ja.. when I say I love salad I really LOVE salad.



and I downed it all with some Aloe Vera Drink. I don't have any specific preference in brand and kind, but any regular aloe drink will do just fine. I know Aloe probably has no flavor, but whatever they put in it to give it flavor (grape I think..) it got me hooked. Whenever I can I buy the huge jugs (1.5 L or so) I stock up because I'll finish it before the week is done. After checking up on it, Aloe Vera juice has some health benefits. I didn't go nuts with research because honestly.. I drink it because it tastes good and I don't care much for benefits, but if there are ... well that's pretty great. Aloe helps with skin when put in lotions and skin care products to sooth and soften, but as a drink I believe it helps digestion, which is always good. The drink I have is Korean (dunno the brand) and I got it from Superstore. Nutrition wise.. 0% fat, 0% cholesterol and a lot of Vitamin C!! The floating bits might throw you off, but if you drink bubble tea, I'm sure you can handle it. How could you go wrong?? YUM!

1 comment: