November 14, 2009

Hmmm...

I know I've been out of the social scene as of late, but I don't think it really hit me until recently. I think things like this hit you hard when you hear it from other people. "Yeah she's been M.I.A lately.." I guess when people start to notice you're gone and the "Yeah my life's been really busy" excuse has become a little too redundant, it becomes a reality how out of touch you are with the rest of the world (and by the rest of the world I don't actually mean the whole world..). I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. A part of me is sad. No one enjoys secluding themselves completely, but I did choose this path, which leaves the part of me that isn't sad to feel relief. I don't feel bound to social clique obligations if that makes any sense really. But there are people I do miss. I just don't know if I even know how to get back into it all. Back to social regularity. So while I don't feel obligated to scratch my skills of small chitchat, I still feel the itch. A bittersweet freedom perhaps?

2 comments: