September 08, 2009

Hello September. It's been a while..

I haven't updated in a while. I apologize so.. in the spirit of updating as well as the start of a new school semester, I decided to start off with a "bang!" ... in the form of pictures!! ... of things I recently purchased... to make you all jealous (jk!)




Thanks to my brother for finding these - and in my exact size!
I needed a new pair of red kicks.. my red Keds took a beating this summer.
These are a great alternative and they're very comfy! WIN!



I was going through my sweaters and realized I didn't have a gray cardigan.
Such a basic essential and I had none! So I took advantage of my employee discount along with the store discount and bought this for less than 15$! I've always loved the buttons the Gap uses for their knits. They're so pretty yet subtle. Better still.. it's textured! Fall = dark tones, layers and textures! I am set!


I also picked up some violet tights at American Apparel. Normally I hate shopping in that place because 1. the customer service is ridiculous and 2. it's extremely overpriced (which is understandable, but still..) but Isa gave me the leftover from her gift card so these were fairly priced. I love love love the color! I saw a picture on Tumblr a while ago with someone wearing violet tights.. I was sold and so here they are! I can't wait to break them out. I didn't intend on buying them footless and I can't exchange them, but it's not so bad. I think the footlessness make them a little more interesting no? Hopefully I'll pick up some teal ones.. I'm feening for colored tights! I must have more!


I've never taken a Science class before let alone a Physics class so I decided this semester for that class I was going to write my notes instead of bringing my laptop and typing notes. I'll probably still bring my laptop to school, but I think for classes like these writing out notes will be better. I used to bring loose paper on a clipboard, but I opted for Old School notebooks from EFADS! I wanted the plain black ones, but they didn't have anymore and there was no way in hell I was going to get the hot pink ones.. Teal and Purple it is ;D They remind me of Harriet The Spy! She used notebooks like this right? Hehehe.. Jannelle The Spy. Nice ring to it.

So life in my world has been as it always is: regular. I've been reflecting a lot lately at how the year began and how unattainable normalcy was for me. But I guess that's just how it is when God throws you curve balls and you umm.. lose a lot. Hard to see the silver lining. And now it's September. The end of 2009 is already in sight! I can honestly say that my Life has slowed down quite a bit. What was once a raging river is now a calm stream. And I couldn't be more satisfied; dare I say happier. There have been a lot of changes since the beginning of the year. Changes for the best I hope.

So school started today. Not that it was really a start, but you know (you students) how first weeks are. Introduction and what to anticipate in the upcoming 12/13 weeks of the semester. I had my first Physics class today. Introduction to Astronomy! I do this thing where I sit at the back of the class and watch people as they come in. I check to see if I know anyone in my class and prepare myself if I happen to run into them. I like being prepared.. I hate being caught off-guard esp. when it involves small talk and random run-ins. Anyway, I'm rather excited for the class. It's not a typical physics class - I would never take a physics class by choice. English is what I know. English is where I'll stay. Since it's a B-Sci and Q class I think it's designated for students trying to fulfill their grad requirements. So far so good. The class seems really interesting and I really can't wait to see what I learn - and use the telescopes to star-gaze!! Double excited for that!

The rest of my week is basically English classes, which is probably be more syllabus overview and brief class intros. Dear goodness.. I hope we don't have to do those icebreaker games and introduce myself. The jist.. I'm Jannelle.. I'm a 4th year English major. Nice to meet you. I should just write it on my forehead. Or better yet, my palm so when I wave.. well you get the picture ;D Two birds with one stone right!? Excellent! Then again maybe not. Once you hit upper division classes, the students are pretty much the same, which essentially can be a good and bad thing. Shakespeare and Medieval lit this semester! It's going be a good time :D

So Summer has (somewhat) ended and Fall is just around the corner. Am I sad? Mmm.. not really. Living in Vancouver, crazy weather is just something you have to deal with. It rains here, but somehow.. I'm not too worried about rain. In fact.. I hope it rains more often. I've always loved rainy days, but now.. I think I've grown a whole new fondness for it. Snow on the other hand.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment