January 25, 2009

What Can I Say?



I'm smiling. I don't want to say that I'm happy because happiness with me doesn't last very long, but this weekend must have been the best weekend I've had in a long time. It was the best way to start off the next few months grinding school work. Thank you for the company - you know who you are. I really appreciate it. :D

You left a mark, I wear it proudly on my chest..
Random hangouts are the best kind. I find that 'going with the flow' is something I need to do more often. Planning is great, but the moments that matter are those that are unexpected. I had a super nostalgic moment on Friday. Driving around my "hometown" in N.Van was an eye-opener. It made me realize how much of my childhood I remember, how much I appreciate. All the dread I felt when my parents suggested we move back faded. Although I feel it's too late for me to move back to a place I once found so familiar, the thought is definitely appealing.

A lot of my weekend consisted of seeing new/old faces. Being around different people for a change is really refreshing and kinda healthy. I find that it allows me step back and look at my life in a different light. It's nice to look at everything from an outside perspective.

I also spent a lot of my weekend with my Bess. She is the bestest bess in the whole wide world. If life has taught me anything, it's to never neglect those few true friendships. I admit that as much of a great friend I think I can be, I too am guilty of being negligent to those I feel matter the most. And all for what? Something I thought brought me my greatest happiness? Mmm.. no. They're there to listen and to laugh, to console and condone, advise and acknowledge. Couldn't ask for anything more.

and then there was Lil Wayne. Damn. 'nuff said. :D

Random notes about Friday:
- ... I can sing?
- I LOVE DOGGIES!

Saturday:
- Wings has new flavors! Must try!
- Couples at concerts are weird. Get a room much!?
- It really isn't about the looks. LOL!

Sunday:
- Interesting.

She told me to forget it. "Just don't even try anymore" as she rolled her eyes. Is there really no use? No more room for civility or maturity? Perhaps not. Perhaps she's right. I once stood in her shoes, once felt the same. Said the exact same words. And still feel the same. I guess it can't be helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment